Saturday 19 January 2013

Valentine Lino Cut Print






It's seems quite a while since my last post, taking a little time to get back into work after the hustle and bustle of Christmas and the New Year. It's wonderful to see some new followers too, thank you all for taking the time to visit and peruse my page! So, back to the printing and a new print for a new year. With Valentines day just around the corner, i thought it would be lovely to celebrate with a new print. I've been looking at the beautiful antique and vintage valentines cards for inspiration, but strangely enough, some of the artwork in traditional tattoo art too. It's an odd mix, but i quite like it. 
Wishing everyone a very belated Happy New Year too! Amanda x






14 comments:

Unknown said...

A beautiful print - I love it!

Unknown said...

A gorgeous design, that's on the 'wish list' for sure! I can see the tradition tattoo inspiration too, I think that's a great reference! Hope you're having a great start to 2013!

Katie

Unknown said...

fab I'de even frame the lino too ;) x

Karen said...

Wauw, this is beautiful! Unlike you i'm not an artist, making rubber stamps is just my hobby, and i'm often short of ideas.. I admire people who can draw their own creations, so every once in a while i pay a visit and watch and learn ;)

Gina said...

This is a gorgeous print. Love the lino too!

Mangle Prints said...

Thanks everyone, great to be back again after the Christmas break! x

Green Martha said...

It's going on my wish-list as well !
It's stunning - I don't find the inspiratiosn to be that odd a mix - tattooo designs often have a kind of "old-fashioned" vibe that ties in with the old valentine cards ! Gorgeous work.

Michele said...

Wow, lovely, and I am in awe of your forward planning. I am still stomping about complaining about the snow, and there you are, already thinking of valentines :-)






Morag said...

Hi Amanda, discovered your great blog while looking for printing inspiration to add to my mixed media paintings, I love the detail of your prints and the wonderful vintage feel they have..beautiful.

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Wow I see your work for the first time and I adore it. What beautiful. My hamdcarved stamps are so simple when I see yours. Marvelous. I will follow you.
lovely greet from Holland
Marja

Lynne said...

Wow this is a real stunner, Amanda. No idea how you can be thinking about Valentines Day but good on you! Am keeping an eye out from here in New Zealand for any news of possible workshops (not a hint!!) as I don't want to miss anything.
Lxx

Kelleewynne said...

What a beautiful blog and such lovely prints!

Mangle Prints said...

Thank you everyone, so lovely to see new followers on the blog too. Thanks for taking a look! :)

Glass Doors said...

Lovely prints to admire and inspire.