Saturday 18 June 2011

Going Green.........

Thank you all for the wonderful get well wishes, i'm quickly getting back on my feet again and on the mend : )

It's amazing the association we all have with colour. For me, the colour green symbolises healing , regeneration, hope and restoration. At the moment i'm surrounded by the colour, and how lovely it is to have this re-growth around me after a long period of tiredness.  The garden seems as lush as ever, after a an unusually dry Spring, with drought and dry winds, we have finally had some decent amount of rain (yay!!) and everything seems to be coming back to life. My one remaining chicken (Betty ) seems especially happy at the moment digging up the plants and herbs that are finally starting to do something!
















It seemed odd, with all this in mind, that several weeks ago i printed in a spell of Green...going away from the usual colours of red and blue and teal and experimented with some new hues...




.............and even printed a Green Man lino print to use up some odd size paper i had lying around....







But the best thing about this time of year and all things Green is the new season of Samphire! Full of vitamins to encourage healing and regrowth, just what i need at moment.   Wonderful green spears that grow on the salt marshes of East Anglia, ready to boil  and eat with butter or vinegar, wonderful!  



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Love the new prints. I would love to see one inspired by the beautiful Lavender and the chicken.

Emma

ThatFuzzyFeeling said...

So pleased you are beginning to feeling better - I'm sure that your verdant surroundings will help you to make a quick recovery...I've got 2 hens and know exactly what you mean about their destructive habits in the garden (wouldn't be without them, though!)
Lovely prints, as ever :)
Liz

erasercarver said...

Oh, your photographs are beautiful. Loving the prints, especially the Green Man.

I have yet to try samphire, it must be wonderful to be able to go out and collect it locally. Must try it one day!

Mangle Prints said...

Hi Liz, thank you : ) Definitely a chicken on a mission to destroy! Just need to train her to dig up the dreaded ground elder instead of of the delicate Cosmos i'm trying to grow ; )
Thanks Carrie- the green man was one the the first lino plates i cut, so he's a little bit special to me. I'm still amazed that it has lasted so well.
I know Samphire also grows in other parts of the UK too. I remember it growing in Pembrokeshire when we went several; years ago. x

Sharmon Davidson said...

All of your prints are wonderful; I'm in love with the green man! Are they all linocuts? I'll definitely be back to check out the chicken print- never can have enough chicken art, I say!