Saturday 2 May 2015

Spring






It's been such a long time since I last posted, time to dust of the cobwebs get the printing ink out and start printing again! 
Life has been very tumultuous to say the least this past year, lots of health developments and hurdles to overcome (a long story!)  but thankfully after many tests I have finally been diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Hopefully, I will now be able to manage this with the right medication and move forward. 
Cutting the plates has proved to be quite painful, and results in sore wrists and arms, so I am on the look out for some softer vinyl use. Watch this space!
As always part of healing and recovering is learning to enjoy the simple things in life. This new print celebrates the precious time I get to spend in the garden, stylised magnolias and foliage and that wonderful blackbird that always makes his presence known one way or another. Amanda x

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back. A proper diagnosis and treatment are wonderful things. Being able to do what you love is as good as medicine. :) It's good to see your work again.

Be well.

Celia Hart said...

Good to see you back and hope you continue to feel better. I love the new print.
Try the Easycut lino or the pink eraser block stuff which cuts like butter! xx

Lynne said...

YAY! You are back! Lovely to see you again, Amanda, and I am so sorry about your condition. I have recurring acne rosacea which is linked. Painful and unpleasant to look at, and the toxic medication I was put on worked for about 10 years then it came back, but I value my liver so will pass on another dose! Good luck with your meds and again, great to see you back and printing! Lxxx

Mangle Prints said...

Thank you so much for your lovely messages and support. I'm definitely going to try the easy cut lino, and let you know the results. X

Unknown said...

Hello Amanda! I'm so glad you're back! Your artwork is so inspiring!
I hope that you're able to keep working and feeling good!
Chrissy from Muse of the Morning

Jacqui Dodds said...

Hi Amanda
Great to see that you are back into your printing again. Have you tried the Japanese soft vinyl that's really lovely to cut and I think it gives a better line than the soft cut lino?
Here is a blog post showing some students work in a workshop I ran:
http://jacquidodds.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/beginners-lino-workshop-printing-cards.html
Jacqui x

Mangle Prints said...

thank you Jacqui, yes definitely going to order some. I think the soft cut has worked well, but doesn't hold the line too well. OK for bolder prints though.